Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Paucity of Pink

I don't have a lot of pink on hand, so pickings are slim this week for the RSC.
I made a pinwheel block, but it's so pale and anemic that I'm afraid it'll be overwhelmed by the other blocks I've been making for this quilt.  I'll have to wait and see.


My Buckeye Beauty shines a little brighter.


Every time I make one of those little cuties, I have to stifle a sudden urge to drop everything and make a bucketful of them.  I'm already knee-deep in bucketfuls of four-patch blocks, so the last thing I need is a new obsession.

Speaking of four-patch blocks, this was an unexpected journey -


A trip to Palmateer Point  gave me this little quilt center.   It was a natural little squirrel chase, what with me already playing with four-patches.  I'm thinking a blue border or two will finish this right up.

And to all those who were tempting me to carry on making blocks for my double-four-patch project


Yeah, it worked...



Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come for the pink, stay for the scraps!



12 comments:

Chantal said...

I believe that poor little pinwheel block needs some sunshine to bloom. Love your trip to Palmateer Point. The HSTs, are they pink or orange ? It's hard to tell on my screen. Either way I love it! (Have to make one for myself.) I can see that you haven't found a cure for the 4-patch obsession yet. Maybe it's for the best because you are creating cute things with them. Enjoy! ;^)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh - I like that green sashing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've been seeing lots of Palmateer Point quilts around online and enjoying them very much! But yours is the first one that made me think - is it made of Buckeye blocks? Perfect for your 4 patch sewing!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Looks like the scraps were flying in your sewing room. I love all of your blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Magpie Sue said...

I may have to send you some pink scraps to play with! And if you have bucketfuls of four patches you're half way to having more Buckeye Beauties made - did you realize that? All you need to add are the HST units. Now go play!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

That Buckeye Beauty block does look addictive!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Stop inspiring me!!!!

Louise said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with making just a few blocks at a time for RSC. Once I get going, I want to SEW ALL THE BLOCKS NOW! :) Oh well, it's good to love our hobby, isn't it?

Sally Trude said...

Oh dear. I regret to inform you that I can not attend your squirrel chase...as much as I would like to. That said, I do feed the squirrels and enjoy watching them and those that chase them.

Ann said...

I like having a long term simple project, too. Same difficulty sticking to just one. {Who's commercial was, "betcha can't eat just one"?) Love your Buckeye Beautys.

Kate said...

Your 4 patch projects are coming along. Have you made a dent in the piles?

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful selection of blocks!!