Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas sewing is done done done

I finished the last of the Christmas sewing yesterday, using the latest clue for On Ringo Lake as leader/enders.  (Yes, you can use leader/enders when making bags, etc, too.)  (And I do.)  I'll be joining the post-Christmas linky party at Bonnie's place when it goes live.

My foundation  paper-piecing went well.  Well, better than usual.  Well, marginally better than usual.  There was less swearing, but not no swearing, if you catch my drift.


I've already sewn this into the gift for my grandson (the new Star Trek fan), which I'm not showing until after the holidays.  I'm reasonably sure he doesn't read my blog, but why tempt fate?

So, flocks of flying geese gathered,


and joined stacks of gonnabe triangles.


After careful counting and recounting, they'll be added to this bin which is holding my progress so far.


And check out that picture.  At the top you can see the neighboring bin which holds the finished blocks for my checkerboard rails leader/ender project;  at the bottom, you can see a printout of a Blockheads block that I'm thinking might make a good RSC block for 2018.

Looks like the new year will be just as busy as the old...

And to all my readers - whatever holiday you hold in your heart, may it be the best it can possibly be.  May joy and goodness surround you!



10 comments:

Chantal said...

The Start Trek button looks so complicated. Wow! Can't wait to see the rest of this one. Wonderful progress on the units for ORL. Happy holidays to you too, my friend. May the 4 Fs visit you. (Family, Friends, Fun and Fabric of course, lol.) ;^)

kmkat said...

And a merry Christmas to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Gayle!

Louise said...

Merry Christmas! Love your flock of dark chocolate geese!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your On Ringo Lake project is moving along and I love the colours. Hope you're enjoying a Happy Christmas!

Kate said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I love that Star Trek block. Very, very fun. I'm old enough to remember watching the original series with my Dad in black and white. Looking forward to seeing all your in progress and planned projects develop in 2018.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Pretty geese! Happy Holidays.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you had a great Christmas, Gayle! Is the Star Trek button what you were paper-piecing? It looks great to me! Your bin of ORL parts is looking good, too!

Alison V. said...

Merry Christmas! Your ORL units are looking good!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Hope you had a great holiday - that Trek insignia is AMAZING!!!